TOP Frequently Asked Questions
What are the specific duties and responsibilities of a student caller?
- Be comfortable speaking on the phone and have polite phone manners.
- Have a deep respect, understanding, and appreciation for the University of North Carolina at Asheville.
- Be enthusiastic, respectful, and reliable.
- Possess strong communication and people skills, including the ability to listen and resolve concerns.
- Consistently work to improve performance.
- Be open to give and receive feedback.
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- Be able to handle personal information with extreme sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Complete all paperwork properly and on time.
- Have a sense of humor.
- Telephone sales, customer service, or fundraising experience is helpful, but not necessary
What does the job offer me?
As a caller, you will …
- be given the chance to develop invaluable communication skills that you normally would not be able to in an on-campus job
- you will be given the opportunity to acquire customer service experience, a skill that today's employers are hungry for. Your employment as a TOP caller creates outstanding experience to place on your resume, no matter what field you go into
- you will meet new people every time you work. Besides building a strong relationship with your co-workers, you will talk with UNC Asheville alumni, parents, and friends from all over the country.