UNC Asheville students participate in curricular, co-curricular, and community learning environments characterized by exemplary teaching, innovative scholarship, creative expression, undergraduate research, engaged service, and practical experience.
Outcome 1: Students develop and use intellectual capabilities.
- Knowledge of a Discipline, Specialization, or Area of Study
- Connections among Disciplines and among Peoples and Cultures
- Application of Knowledge to New Settings
- Creative Solutions to Increasingly Complex Problems
Outcome 2: Students acquire and apply lifelong learning skills.
- Critical Thinking
- Inquiry from a Range of Perspectives
- Effective Communication and Expression
- Civic Engagement—Local and Global
- Ethical Reasoning and Action
- The Practice of Sustainability
Senate Document SD9313S, Approved May 2, 2013